7.02.2008

just another day at the office...

Our adoption is now official!  We visited the doctor’s office today for a physical (which I’m not sure what they were looking for but it appeared that everyone would pass unless they were getting ready to enter into the after-life within 2 minutes) and then the police station for something or other.  I can’t keep up with what all we are doing.  Thankfully we have a fantastic guide who stays with us all the time and does all of the business stuff.  He is a ton of fun and knows what he is doing, and is wonderful with the kids. 

Lydia continues to be a joy.  A few crying spells again today – I think though that they were more about being 2 and not getting her way than anything else.  She did set her place in history though as my first child to throw up all over me.  And I do mean ALL OVER ME.  It was completely disgusting.  Thankfully we were getting off the bus at the hotel so I just stood outside until Eric brought me some towels.  We didn’t get a picture…should have documented that one.

Tomorrow we are off to the zoo.  It is hard to believe we are still going to be here for another week.  At least tonight we finally found a restaurant that had some good food.  There are several Western style restaurants here but nothing tastes quite right.  But tonight our guide took us to a Chinese restaurant that was amazing.  I felt like I was right in the middle of P.F. Changs.  (With a quarter of the bill!)

I can’t wait for all of you to meet Lydia.  She continues to charm us and the rest of the town too.  Between her and Micah, we are going to be charmed into everything!  Those two make quite a pair.  Everywhere we go people tell us how beautiful she is.  They love her chunky little legs! 

It all seems so normal.  In some ways it is hard to believe she is with us and in other ways it seems like she has been with us forever.  God has been very good to give us such an incredible gift.

Counting the days,

Ashleigh

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Hooray, it is official : )

Anonymous said...

Lydia is absolute adorable! She sure is good at smiling for the camera - a natural for a Sanzone child. It has been such a joy to read your blog and all the miracles that have accompanied Lydias adoption. We can't wait to meet her in person! :) We continue to pray for your time with her and your travels home.

With Love,
The Duvalls

Kristen said...

Lydia is just the most adorable little girl. Wow, what a blessing!! I think I've shared your story with all of my friends at work and at church. What an amazing testimony!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! Lydia is cuter & cuter with each picture. She definitely fits into the Sanzone family!! And I love that she threw up all over Ashleigh :) ha ha! She's breaking you in well!!! ha ha!! Counting the days until we meet her!

Carrie Price

susan said...

Congratulations! Reminds me of my Emily - she threw up on me the entire time we were in the hospital at birth. I was washing my gown out in the bathroom and getting my sheets changed in the middle of the night. What an amazing time for your family - I know your other 3 children must be sooooo excited to meet their sister. I pray for your strength and stamina, even before you arrive and care for 4 children. You are both such a blessing! I can't wait to meet your new daughter. love, Susan

Anonymous said...

Hahahah! Threw up all over you huh? Oh she's just like her brother than! :-) Praying for more great memories for you there and when you come home! Be safe.
Love always, Amy Donnelly