4.20.2008

Thank you

So who are you, sweet daughter of mine? I can't wait to meet you. I am soaking up every detail of your records and staring at your pictures trying to see every little created part of your being. I wonder about your hair - did they shave your little head, or do you just have sticky-uppy hair? You will fit in either way - your brothers both had crazy hair and daddy doesn't have any. I wonder if you will have ponytails when we come to get you.

I wonder what your personality is, what's in your heart, how have you overcome so much already. There have been so many who have loved you in your short life. Those who gave you life, I am sure treasured you for the three months they had you. I imagine that they couldn't bear to part from you and they held you for as long as they could in their country. I wish I could meet them. I wish I could tell them how much we have loved you already. I wish I could explain to them that we will cherish you and bring meaning to the life they have given you. I wish I could say thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you from the deepest part of my being.

I will not ever be able to say those thank you's. But I will be able to put my arms around you and bring you the tenderness of a mother. I wait for you sweet one.

0 comments: